The industrial and commercial heart of Mt Wellington – a suburb of Auckland – has become a hotspot for deploying Segway Personal Transporters (PTs) on commercial and industrial sites.
Within a 1km radius there are five businesses using Segway PTs across a range of roles:
- Senior Management at Buckley Systems use a Segway x2 to move between five separate factory buildings spread along Bowden Road
- Engineers response rapidly to repair machinery at Fletcher Aluminium‘s large site on Bowden Road
- Security guards at the Coca-Cola bottling plant on Carbine Road patrol efficiently between two sites
- Security guards patrol the buildings and carparks at Sylvia Park – Auckland’s largest shopping mall (and location of New Zealand’s first ‘Segway assisted arrest’ of a shoplifting gang)
- Security guards protect guests and vehicles at Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre on Waipuna Road